Lecturer in Animation
School of Media and Performing Arts
At the University of Cumbria, we are creating a firstclass student
experience, together with outstanding training and learning
opportunities - right across our region. There has never been a better
time to make a difference as we embark on exciting and challenging
times. In return, you can look forward to quality professional
development, excellent benefits and a supportive working environment.

Even better, you'll discover a forward thinking and progressive place
to work, where our staff are always encouraged to perform at their
very best.

Lecturer in Animation, 1.0fte
School of Media and Performing Arts
£29,704 - £33,432, Post Ref: 30A08
Carlisle

The School of Media and Performing Arts is a vibrant and rapidly
expanding department which currently has around 520 HE students and
130 FE students. We have courses available from Level 3 to Masters
level, with a strong emphasis on practical activity in Performing Arts
(including Drama, Technical Theatre, Popular Music, Music Theatre and
Dance), Film and TV Production, Animation, Games Design and
Journalism.

With a degree in 3D Computer Based Animation and significant teaching
experience or the equivalent industry experience, you should have a
broad range of knowledge in the field of 3D animation and should be
fully versed in at least one of the major 3D software packages: XSI,
Maya or 3D Max.

Teaching students at various levels throughout the various degree
programmes and providing support for student led projects, you should
be willing to learn and adopt new technologies as they come on stream
and be proactive in the teaching environment.

For informal enquiries, please contact Dr. Fiona Powley on 01228 400238.

CRB Clearance and Disclosure are required for this post.

Closing date: noon on Friday 14 November 2008.

For full details including how to apply, please visit our website
www.cumbria.ac.uk/jobs or alternatively email us at [log in to unmask]
or send a large (A4) envelope self addressed envelope, quoting post
reference number 30A08 to the Human Resources
Service, University of Cumbria, Bowerham Road, Lancaster LA1 3JD.

--
Ogunleye, Yemisi (Miss)
www.iq4news.com

Head of Communications,