Dear current and future EMMA Members,

Preparations for the Conference are well underway and there are some important new developments to report:

• Submission deadline:  In response to requests by many of you, submission deadlines have been relaxed. The new conditions are: Submission of Abstract only by 5th December. Accepted papers should be submitted in full by 12 January.  Abstracts should be 100-200 words long.

• A new EMMA Best Paper Prize will be awarded to the paper that makes the most significant contribution to the development of the media management field.

• The International Journal of Media Management has confirmed its offer to publish the best papers from the conference.

• We are delighted and honoured to announce that Professor Dr. Alfonso Nieto will be the recipient of the 2008 EMMA Award for his seminal contribution to the establishment and theoretical development of the field of media management in Spain, Europe and America.  Professor Nieto will be present at the Conference and will share with us his insights on the challenges and future development of the field.

• We are equally delighted and honoured to announce that Mr. Victor Shkulev will be the recipient of the 2009 EMMA Award in recognition of his significant contribution to the entrepreneurial development of the Eastern European Media Markets during the last decade, as well as his commitment to media management. Mr Shkulev will also be joining us and will share his perspectives on key issues in media management.

We look forward very much to seeing you in Paris on 13-14 February 2009 (which also, appropriately enough, happens to include Valentine's Day).

An amended Call for Papers can be found on the EMMA website (www.the-emma-org).

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me or other members of the EMMA Board.

With all good wishes,

Lucy Küng

President, EMMA

www.the-emma.org

The University of Westminster is a charity and a company limited by guarantee. Registration number: 977818 England. Registered Office: 309 Regent Street, London W1B 2UW.