From: Museums Computer Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of
Ridge Mia
Sent: 21 November 2008 17:03
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: New Flickr site

Congratulations - nice work, Jerry!

Just two quick comments - is there a contradiction in saying 'Rights
info: no known restrictions on publication.' in the description but
saying 'All rights reserved' in the copyright statement?  At the same
time, you've allowed the 'blog this' button on your images, which would
suggest it's ok to use the image elsewhere.

Also, do you plan to allow the public or contacts to tag photos?

cheers, Mia

When
> we eventually get our own site, I think it will be interesting to see
> how we use Flickr then.
>
> Most of the input has been from volunteers and school work experience
> pupils.
>
> Do click on it at least once - it will improve our Performance
Indicator
> figures!
>
> Best wishes
>
> Jerry
>
> Jerry Weber
> Collections & Information Access Officer
> Northampton Museum & Art Gallery
> Guildhall Road
> Northampton
> NN1 1DP
>
> 01604 837633
>
> What's on at Northampton Museum & Art Gallery:
> From 4 October - 16 November, Sporting Style, an exhibition exploring
> the role of the sports shoe, on and off the pitch.  From 25 October -
7
> December, The Northampton Town & County Art Society, an exhibition of
> recent work from members of Northamptonshire's premier art society.
> Don't miss the Christmas festive craft workshops at Abington Park
Museum
> on 13 December.  No booking required.  Telephone 01604 838111 for
> further details or visit www.northampton.gov.uk/museums

For updates on all Science Museum news and events sign up to our free
e-newsletter at www.sciencemuseum.org.uk

This e-mail and attachments are intended for the named addressee only
and are confidential. If you have received this e-mail in error please
notify the sender immediately, delete the message from your computer
system and destroy any copies. Any views expressed in this message are
those of the individual sender and may not reflect the views of the
National Museum of Science & Industry. This email has been scanned for
all viruses by the MessageLabs Email Security System.

 Please note that the contents of this e-mail, including any attachments thereto, may contain information which is confidential or privileged, and which is solely for the use of the recipient named above.  The information contained in this e-mail, and in your reply, may be subject to disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 or other legislation, and its confidentiality cannot be guaranteed.  If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.

Northampton Borough Council, The Guildhall, Northampton, United Kingdom, NN1 1DE
+44 (0)1604 837837
www.northampton.gov.uk