Dear Colleagues,

I am delighted to announce that Dr Carol Richardson, Open University, who was a good friend to the Material Renaissance project has been awarded a prestigious Philip Leverhulme prize for art history, 2008.

This prize ‘is given to scholars (normally under the age of 36) who have made a substantial and recognised contribution to their particular field of study, recognised at an international level, and whose future contributions are held to be of correspondingly high promise.’

I’m sure you will all join me in congratulating Carol on this fantastic and well deserved award.

Evelyn

Evelyn Welch

Professor of Renaissance Studies

Queen Mary University of London