Many thanks to everyone who has replied with suggestions of courses, books and help. Particular thanks to everyone who passed on the message to other members of their organisation. Hopefully now I will have no excuse not to get it right!

Best wishes,

Elizabeth.

From: Bibliographic standards in UK libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Elizabeth Pinel
Sent: 11 November 2008 15:03
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Map cataloguing

Hi

Does anyone know of any short courses in antiquarian and/or modern map cataloguing? Or can you recommend any useful books?

I’m just starting to catalogue maps and check previous records in our collection and I want to make sure I get it right!

Many thanks,

Elizabeth Pinel

Library Learning and Public Services Manager

Bishopsgate Institute

230 Bishopsgate

London

EC2M 4QH

T          020 7392 9276

F          020 7392 9275

E          [log in to unmask]

W         www.bishopsgate.org.uk

Bishopsgate Institute: A Cultural Institute for London
Sign up to our
e-mail list to receive regular updates about our courses, library and cultural events

This message may contain privileged or confidential information and is
intended for the named addressee. If you have received this message in
error, please notify Bishopsgate Foundation & Institute by telephone on
020 7392 9200 (+44 20 7392 9200 from outside the U.K.). We reserve
the right to monitor emails in accordance with all relevant legislation and
we do not accept liability for any errors or viruses in this e-mail.

Visit the National Library of Scotland online at www.nls.uk

CELEBRATING 500 YEARS OF SCOTTISH PRINTING 1508-2008
http://www.500yearsofprinting.org

This communication is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you
are not the intended recipient, please notify the ICT Helpdesk on
+44 131 623 3700 or [log in to unmask] and delete this e-mail. The
statements and opinions expressed in this message are those of the
author and do not necessarily reflect those of the National Library of
Scotland. The National Library of Scotland is a registered Scottish charity. Scottish Charity No. SC011086. This message is subject to the Data Protection Act 1998
and Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 and has been
scanned by MessageLabs.