Dear Sir or Madam,

I work for the University of Oxford on a nationally funded service called Intute http://www.intute.ac.uk/artsandhumanities/ This service (among other tasks) reviews websites which will be of value to educators and students in UK universities. To this end we have a number of lecturers, librarians and postgraduate students in universities across the UK who (for an hourly rate) review and catalogue online resources. We are seeking new reviewers in range of subjects and would appreciate it if you can circulate the following message to relevant email lists on our behalf?

If there is anything which I can explain further please do not hesitate to contact me, and I would really appreciate a message to acknowledge receipt - and to explain if you have been able to circulate this message for us.

Many thanks for your consideration, Ally

Alun Edwards
Intute: Arts and Humanities

MESSAGE FOR CIRCULATION:

SUBJECT LINE
Job vacancy: Intute website reviewer

BODY OF MESSAGE
http://www.intute.ac.uk/artsandhumanities/

Intute: Arts and Humanities is looking to recruit casual staff to review and catalogue academic websites. The work is flexible and may be undertaken from anywhere with reliable access to the Internet. Payment rates are yet to be confirmed, but are likely to be in the region of £11 to £12 per hour.

Suitable candidates will have, or be working towards, a doctoral degree in one of the arts or humanities disciplines listed below; or alternatively have experience as a subject librarian in one of these disciplines. Experience of using Internet resources for research or teaching is essential, as is an understanding of the academic requirements of students, teachers, and researchers in the UK Higher Education sector. Successful candidates will be required to demonstrate an excellent command of written English and a keen eye for detail.

We are currently recruiting cataloguers from the following disciplines to work up to 50 hours per month from January 2009 to June 2009:

* Architecture
* French
* Spanish
* Portuguese
* Celtic Studies
* Islamic Studies

We will also consider applicants from the following disciplines to work up to 20 hours per month from January 2009 to June 2009:

* Middle Eastern Studies
* Latin American Studies
* Chinese
* Russian
* History and Philosophy of Science
* American Studies

To apply, please email [log in to unmask] by *Friday 28th November, 2008*, including the following:

1.      A copy of your CV.
2.      A summary of your experience and use of online academic resources.
3.      Confirmation that you are eligible to work in the UK, and that you have access to a broadband Internet connection in a location where you will be able to undertake this work. You will also require a UK bank account in order to receive payment, and you will need to provide us with your passport, birth certificate, or student visa to satisfy new immigration procedures.
4.      A brief review (fewer than 200 words) of a website not currently in our catalogue which would be useful to an academic audience in your discipline. The website must comply with our Collection Development Policy. You should include the title and URL of the website, and follow our cataloguing guidelines when writing the review. Please take a look at http://www.intute.ac.uk/artsandhumanities/forapplicants.doc for a succinct version of the Collection Development Policy, and a brief guide to writing Intute reviews.

If we would like you to carry out this work for us, we will contact you by telephone between the 1st and 12th of December, 2008, to assess your suitability.

Intute: Arts and Humanities is based within Oxford University Computing Services and Manchester Metropolitan University.