I regret to have to say that Birmingham Central Library's copy of
Monmonier appears to have been stolen or otherwise misappropriated. I will
try to replace it, but at least have the consolation that someone was
interested enough to want it.

Richard Abbott

Archives and Heritage
Central Library
Chamberlain Square
Birmingham
B3  3HQ

tel         0121 303 4549
fax        0121 464 1176
e-mail   [log in to unmask]

Francis Herbert <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: A forum for issues related to map & spatial data librarianship
18/11/2008 10:25
Please respond to
A forum for issues related to map & spatial data librarianship

cc

Subject
Re: [MapHist] maps often lie

Paul (et al.),

You and others may well have Monmonnier within reach, but this doesn't
necessarily encompass  the 'general public'. It does no harm to inform
newspaper readers, or to remind those new to maps on, e.g., 'Lis-maps'
and - where it was originally posted - MapHist', about the piece's
general premise, even though it be 'old hat' to the better-informed
amongst us!

Francis (who's been away for long research/vacation weekend)