Dear All

Despite a few hiccups along the way we are now ready to move ahead with arranging the long awaited Inter-Library Loans Exchange of Experience Workshop. It is now a little too late in the year to arrange anything before Christmas but, very soon, I hope to confirm a date for a session no later than mid-February.

In order to do so, I will need your help. We are hoping to confirm the venue for the session very soon but if that option falls through we will need another volunteer to host the workshop. If you think you could step in we're looking for:

I hesitate to be too choosy but it would seem to make sense if your site already makes use of Millennium ILL or at least is planning to do so.

Secondly, we need speakers/presenters on the day. There will be an opportunity for pure round the table discussion as part of the programme but these Exchange of Experience sessions have traditionally had three or four speakers willing to share their experience with other attendees. For this day, one or two sessions on Millennium ILL coupled with one on integrating ILLOS with Millennium and perhaps another looking at ArticleReach would seem a good combination. However, if you feel you have a story to tell your ILL peers please feel free to suggest any other ideas for sessions (which of course should be related in some way to Inter-Library Loans). If the thought of giving a presentation makes you nervous, please don't be. The presentations certainly don't have to be slick. It's really much better for them to be informal and practical and you will, of course, be amongst friends

Finally, I'd like to gather expressions of interest in attending the day. I'm aware that doing this without having a confirmed date isn't ideal but I hope that having a list of potential attendees will mean we can set the final date to satisfy the maximum number of people. As this is intended to be a very practical day I do expect that a large number of potential attendees may not be on this mailing list so please could you pass this message onto whoever on your site who you feel could contribute to the workshop and/or could get something useful out of the day.

If you wish to volunteer as a potential host site, a speaker or just express an interest in attending please email me at [log in to unmask] - ideally by Friday 5th December. Once we have a confirmed venue and a list of possible dates I will get back to everyone who has expressed an interest in attending the workshop in order to identify the best date.

Thanks in advance

Rod

Rod Crowley
Systems Team Leader