From: learning development in higher education network on behalf of Eloise Sentito
Sent: Tue 04/11/2008 11:44
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: students, us, and who 'they' are

A really interesting, insightful and helpful discussion, thanks John and Kim. The parallel between student study and academic study is really helpful. It makes me think of somebody's (?!) interesting suggestion that we might refer to student essays, assignments etc. as 'papers' and 'articles' and so on, which would include, rather than exclude, learners from professionalism, expertise, wisdom etc.. Just one little example... I think it's all about empowerment, which is something I see as crucial to any 'teaching' role.

Eloïse

Eloïse Sentito
Learning Development
University of Plymouth