Hello to everyone,

Indeed there should be no problems with different bit-strength in proxies.
I have tested 512 and 1024 bit proxies with most of the glite commands.

As far as* ganga-UI_TAR-proxies* are concerned:
Finally the problem was a bug in ganga (
https://savannah.cern.ch/bugs/index.php?44185)
and not my configuration nor UI_TAR nor the bit strength.

However in order to get into a conclusion about the problem
we had to be sure that the proxies were ok!

thank you all for your responses and interest,

--
Asterios Katsifodimos
High Performance Computing systems Lab