Dear All,

further to this discussion I would like to point out that over at that excellent international law blog called Opinio Juris they have raised the same issue and have also identified some of the problems we have discussed here:

http://opiniojuris.org/2008/11/13/small-sovereign-archipelago-seeks-new-elevated-homeland/

All the best,

Anton