Replies to Sarah at [log in to unmask] please.

Richard Turbet,

University of Aberdeen.

From: sarah f
Sent: 05 November 2008 10:30
To: '[log in to unmask]'
Subject: Help!

Just an informal plea to anyone who has been in the same boat…Firstly, apologies for not keeping in touch, but I’m still here at the Guernsey Library, helping to keep it afloat (to stretch the metaphor!)…

We are soon changing to RFID and also Intellident Safer boxes for DVDs and music CDs. The trouble is that the safer boxes are too deep for the grooves in our old LIFT display units for the music CDs. One solution might be to place a simple CD box at the front of each row to hold the safer boxes in behind it. Has anyone done something like this and is it adequate, or does anyone have any other ideas, pleeeease?!

We don’t really want to lose the advantages of face-out display, but we also want to make our stock secure.

Any suggestions (!) welcome!!!

Best wishes,

Sarah Fletcher.

********************************************************************************* When submitting postings to iaml-uk-irl please: * do not send HTML documents to the list - send plain or ASCII text only * do not send attachments (pictures, Word files, etc.) to the list - they can carry viruses * do not send commercial advertisements to the list * start your subject line for Inter-Library Loan requests with ILL Reuse of email addresses found on the list for unsolicited email is strictly forbidden