informed patient issue i would have thought - he goes to your normal place or risks the later diagnosis at the place he prefers. as long as he knows the score that's within his choice and not your problem (usual document in the notes carry on though). i would not waste too much more of your energry on the patient or the NICE guideline obsessed alternative provider.

adrian