Sorry. It doesn't actually have to do with randfib.

The problem is: streamlines are tracked both ways from each voxel but only counted once. If the first half is rejected the second half is not counted even if it reaches a waypoint! This has been corrected and a patch will be available soon.

Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

From: Saad Jbabdi <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 18:50:43 +0000
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [FSL] question on probability

Hi Markus (and Yan Liu),

I am terribly sorry, but just realised that I haven't included that fix to the released FSL!!! You will need to wait for the next patch now...

And to answer your question, in principle it should underestimate waytotal by 50% on average if you set the option "--randfib". Otherwise it is difficult to predict by how much it will underestimate it for each data set..

Again, I am sorry for any inconvenience.

Cheers,
Saad.