From: FSL - FMRIB's Software Library [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf
Of Conrad Rockel
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 3:58 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [FSL] probtrackx intensity is 4?

Hi there,

I have just run several different subjects using a single seedmask and 2
waypoint masks using the probtrackx in FSL version 4.1.1 (centos5-32bit).

While I understand the concept that track intensity is a reflection of the
number of tracks running through it (#voxels in seed x 5000), every single
output had a max intensity of 4.  I know I'm reliable, but I can't possibly
be
that consistent!  Furthermore, the max of 4 was listed inspite of the
apparent
robustness of the track, and even in cases where no tracks were produced at
all.

When I move the outputs to another machine running a slightly earlier
version
of FSL, this max=4 is maintained, leading me to suspect it may be a
bedpostx/probtrackx problem rather than a problem with FSLview.  At first I
thought it may be scientific notation, until tracking with another FSL
version
actually produced track intensity maxima stated in scientific notation.

Finally, I occasionally got a eerily consistent error on the earlier version
(4.0),
although this time, the value was 3.0008, 1.0001, or 1.0004.

Any ideas what this could be due to?

Thanks,

Conrad