Hi
Re question 3: a) and b) will NOT produce the same result. Imagine
tracts that cross your termination mask and keep going further away,
option a) will stop the tracts at that mask, but option b) will only
exclude the parts of the tracts that intersect the mask, leaving the
bits that go further.

Saad.

On 17 Nov 2008, at 16:37, Dianne Patterson wrote:

> Several questions:
> 1) Does fsl_installer.sh overwrite whatever was in .profile, or does
> it just add to .profile?
> (I ask because after I used ./fsl_installer.sh  to do a general
> install on a mac tiger machine,
> our path to the afni bin was lost and had to be put back in-thing
> is, I didn't set up the afni path
> in the first place, so I'm not sure what may have happened.)
>
> 2) Is there a simple way to convert BRIK/HEAD pairs into nifti.gz
> files to view them in fsl?
>
> 3) Is there any difference between the results of the following 2
> procedures:
>
> a) Run probtrack with a termination mask
> OR
> b) Run probtrack without the termination mask, but then use the mask
> to subtract any part of the tract
> that overlaps the mask.
>
> Thankyou so much,
>
> -Dianne