Hi Lindiwe,

I thought of you when this conference announcement came my way. You're
probably already subscribed to film-philosophy and have already seen
it, but I thought I'd pass it on just in case. I'd love to submit a
proposal myself, but I think this is coming too soon for me to propose
something on this subject which I haven't properly researched yet.

Lots of love,

Isabelle x

On 17 Nov 2008, at 6:00PM, FILM-PHILOSOPHY automatic digest system
wrote:

> [...]
> post-1968=
> <BR>
> community-oriented film and video festivals and other exhibition
> practices<=
> BR>
> that stem in part from larger social movements.<BR>
> <BR>
> Concerns of interest to this panel would include the relationship
> between<B=
> R>
> exhibition institutions and practices and their politics, between<BR>
> socially-oriented exhibition practices and action, between
> cinephilia and<B=
> R>
> community, among others.<BR>
> <BR>
> Conference in Ottawa, Canada in late May, 2009, and participants
> must be<BR=
>>
> members of FSAC (see link below for more information).<BR>
> <BR>
> Email me at [log in to unmask] should you be interested in participating
> in the=
> <BR>
> panel above with a 250-word paper proposal by January 1, 2009.
> Please also<=
> BR>
> include academic affiliation, contact information and any special
> media<BR>
> requirements. (All other inquires should go to the conference
> organizers, a=
> s<BR>
> listed on the FSAC webpage below.)<BR>
> <BR>
> =
> tudies.ca/FSAC_congress09cfp.htm</a><BR>
> <BR>
> I encourage you to forward this call to colleagues that might be
> interested=
> <BR>
> in the panel!<BR>
> <BR>
> Best,<BR>
> <BR>
> Ger J Z Zielinski, Ph.D.<BR>
> Postdoctoral Research Fellow,<BR>
> Department of Cinema Studies,<BR>
> Tisch School of the Arts<BR>
> New York University<BR>
> <BR>
> E: [log in to unmask]<BR>
> <BR>
> .</SPAN></FONT>
> </BODY>
> </HTML>
>
> *
> *
> Film-Philosophy Email Discussion Salon.
> After hitting 'reply' please always delete the text of the message
> you are replying to.
> To leave, send the message: leave film-philosophy to: [log in to unmask]
> .
> Or visit: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/film-philosophy.html
> For help email: [log in to unmask], not the salon.
> *
> Film-Philosophy online: http://www.film-philosophy.com
> Contact: [log in to unmask]
> **
>

> --B_3309768142_314839--

> End of FILM-PHILOSOPHY Digest - 17 Nov 2008 (#2008-386)

*
*
Film-Philosophy salon
*