________________________________

From: Discussion list for disabled students and their support staff.
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Deborah Wilson
Sent: 27 November 2008 09:02
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Producing materials in alternative formats

Hello,

The material that need to be converted into electronic format is
forwarded to the Library disability contact who then contacts the
relevant subject librarian. The subject librarian requests the
electronic format from the publishers through our acquisitions
department - so the responsibility for converting text rests with the
publisher. Although we process requests asap, and we do chase them up -
this process is usually very slow.

Another question in this area has arisen here: who is responsible for
converting text into Braille?

Deborah

Deborah Wilson

User Services Librarian