Hi,

 We employ an internal pool of notetakers . We do additional recruitment
of notetakers during September to cope with the known demand (current
students and new ones who we know about ) and allow for an additional
need for the service from students who do not get in touch until after
term starts. However, this year  we cannot cover all the demand for
notetakers due  to  more students  than usual  coming to see  us and one
or two notetakers resigning for various reasons.

There   don't seem to be any agencies where we can get temporary staff
from (if HR allow) who might have the skills and awareness of what they
needed to do. We may be able to recruit additional notetakers in the
next couple of months, but this will not deal with the immediate
situation.

Any thoughts or ideas  as to dealing with this situation would be very
welcome.

Thanks,

Cheers,

Liz

Liz Silver
Disability Officer
Student Support Services
Nottingham Trent University
Working Monday to Thursday
Phone: 0115 848 4495
Minicom: 18001 0115 848 4495
E-mail: [log in to unmask]

This email is intended solely for the addressee.  It may contain private and confidential information.  If you are not the intended addressee, please take no action based on it nor show a copy to anyone.  In this case, please reply to this email to highlight the error.  Opinions and information in this email that do not relate to the official business of Nottingham Trent University shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by the University.
Nottingham Trent University has taken steps to ensure that this email and any attachments are virus-free, but we do advise that the recipient should check that the email and its attachments are actually virus free.  This is in keeping with good computing practice.