RE: medical evidence

>we ... don't see why this couldn't cover other medical evidence expenses

There's a potential conflict between the interests of the individual student and the potential interests of the mass. Whatever view one takes of the right of GPs etc to charge, there are already thousands of pieces of medical evidence flowing into every institution every year. Students would be disadvantaged if HEIs didn't have them but if they were all paid for we are looking at tens or hundreds of thousands of pounds, in some cases for information which is too poor to use. Money paid to medical practitioners to provide letters that arguably they should provide free cannot be spent in other ways.

Paul