resending because of bounced mail

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Karen Coyle <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 11:09 AM
Subject: Re: New analysis of RDA cataloguer scenarios 2 and 3; scenario 1 revised
To: Alistair Miles <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: "Diane I. Hillmann" <[log in to unmask]>, Gordon Dunsire <[log in to unmask]>, Tom Baker <[log in to unmask]>, Mikael Nilsson <[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask]

It looks like you've uncovered a missing property: publisher. I think this could be because I had placed it in the RDA element schema (http://RDVocab.info/Elements/Publisher) so it didn't end up in the RDA roles schema, which may be where you were looking, Alistair. Diane, should we delete it from 'elements' and add it to 'roles'? Although, as you know, my preference would be to merge the roles and elements into a single schema somehow. Is there a way we could code them so they could be a single schema but we could pull them out by different criteria - like FRBR level or some category?

kc