Diane, it sounds like the offending paragraph is this one, right?:
subject
We want to record the subject using the Library of Congress Subject Headings. Typically, we would indicate the subject with a string (e.g., "Islam and Science") together with the vocabulary encoding scheme dcterms:LCSH, which identifies the heading "Islam and Science" as a member of the Library of Congress Subject Headings. Alternately, if the individual terms of the controlled vocabularies have already been given URIs as part of the work to express existing vocabularies using the RDF vocabulary Simple Knowledge Organization System [SKOS], then that URI may be used. In this case, the Library of Congress subject heading "Islam and Science" has been assigned the URI http://lcsh.info/sh85068424#concept. The DCMI property dcterms:subject has a "non-literal" range, which means that it can support the use of value strings, value URIs, and vocabulary encoding scheme URIs as needed."
Would you want that to read: "... has provisionally been assigned the URI..."? Or to re-word the sentence saying something like: LCSH has been expressed in SKOS using Cool URIs on the lcsh.info site, and therefore we can use the URI http.....

kc