Dear all,

I'm a Fellow of All Souls College, Oxford, where I recently finished my Ph.D on the philosophy of perception.

Together with a team of people from Stanford University and Cambridge University, I've launched a website, www.academia.edu, which does two things:

 - It displays researchers around the world in a 'tree' format, showing which institution/department they are affiliated with.
 - It enables researchers to keep track of the latest developments in their field - the latest people, papers, and talks.

We're hoping that the site will eventually list every researcher in the world -- Faculty members, Post-Docs, and Graduate Students. People can add their departments, and themselves, to the tree by clicking on the arrows.

The site is getting some traction. Over 14,000 researchers have joined Academia.edu in the last two months. Some professors on the site include:

 - Richard Dawkins -  http://oxford.academia.edu/RichardDawkins
 - Stephen Hawking -  http://cambridge.academia.edu/StephenHawking
 - Paul Krugman - http://princeton.academia.edu/PaulKrugman
 - Noam Chomsky -  http://mit.academia.edu/NoamChomsky

We're trying to spread the word about Academia.edu as much as possible. It would be terrific if you could visit the site, and add yourself to your department on the tree. If your university is not there, you can add it by clicking on the arrows coming out of the university boxes.

Independent researchers - if you are a researcher that is not associated with a university, I encourage you to add yourself to the "Independent Researchers"

portion of the tree at http://independent.academia.edu

And do spread the word to your friends and colleagues if you can.

Many thanks,

Richard

Dr. Richard Price,
Prize Fellow, All Souls College
http://oxford.academia.edu/RichardPrice

Disclaimer: Academia.edu is not connected in any way with either All Souls College, or Oxford University.