Hi All,

I've been using 2.6 for some time and I haven't had too many problems.
There is a patch that you need to apply (I've hopefully attached it)
to get Tkinter working, this has been fixed in later 2.6 releases but
my patch wasn't accepted for the first  2.6 release! :-( The win32
release is built on 2.6 and seems to work fine.

Unfortunately your problem isn't related to the patch issue. It looks
like your libpython2.6.so isn't getting picked up - in you can, have a
look at environment.txt and make sure that the your PYTHON_DIR and
PYTHON_LIB are set correctly. I use

PYTHON_LIB = -L/usr/local/lib/python2.6/config -lpython2.6

and I would imagine that yours should be

PYTHON_LIB = -L/sw/lib/python2.6/config -lpython2.6

and then as Wayne says, either run the script again or try a 'make
clean && make && make links'

Oh yeah, patch! To apply, find yout Tkinter.py file - it should be in

/sw/lib/python2.5/lib-tk/Tkinter.py

cd into there

$ cd /sw/lib/python2.5/lib-tk/Tkinter.py

and apply the patch

$ patch  < broken2.6_tkinter_patch.diff