Hi all,

With all the talk about Mac OS X, I've not heard much mention about OS X Server and networking Macs together.  Is anyone using the 10.5 server and LDAP to centrally house user directories on a RAID connected to a Mac server for example?

We had this setup running with 10.4, but we now seem to have issues getting the server 10.5 to export the RAID to the clients via NFS.  I know NSF is old, but our network is behind a firewall and it has worked well for us.  It seem if you don't set things up the way Apple recommends (using AFP for example), things can get difficult...

It's quite possible that we are missing something during the setup, but frankly I'm surprised at how difficult it has been to work with OS X server.

I would be happy to hear about other people's experience with OS X server 10.5.  Perhaps a website describing OS X server for crystallographic computing/networking would be nice if it doesn't exist already.

Cheers,

Brian

=========================

Brian L. Mark, MSc, PhD