From: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jacob
Keller
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2008 12:56 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ccp4bb] Semet in non-auxotrophic strains

Dear Crystallographers,

I have been using an E coli strain called Tuner (DE3) pLacI, which is not
auxotrophic for methionine, nor is there an auxotrophic analogue available.
It may be that my protein can be expressed in other strains, but this one
works well right now, and it is usually better to stay with what works well.

Has anybody tried growing semet protein in non-auxotrophic strains, or are
there tricks to using non-auxotrophs for semet protein?

Thanks,

Jacob

Jacob Pearson Keller
Northwestern University