Hi Jorge,

using a system where you can cleave off the His-tag (with TEV, FactorX,
etc) adds a purification step which is complementary to the first
purification step (Ni-column etc). In my experience this results in very
pure protein which makes it more likely to crystallise.

Therefore I would always choose such a system and not spend much time on
trying to crystallise the protein with the His-tag attached.

Tim

--
Tim Gruene
Institut fuer anorganische Chemie