--- On Fri, 28/11/08, Alex Pascall <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
From: Alex Pascall <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Let review the programme's contents
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Friday, 28 November, 2008, 6:18 AM

Dear Members

I am sure that I would have a lot to say regarding the HUTCH broadcast which I took part in, but I was out the night it was shown and will sit quietly this week end to review what was broadcast, the contribution I made and the research which I have carried out on HUtch. In 1994 I did a series for BBC Radio 3 on the "Impact of the Black Presence on British MUsic and Musicians". I also part in another one in the late 70's "Let the MUsic Talk" and I am aware that something is wrong based on the telephone calls that I have received.

What we may need to do is find a forum to discuss the programme. What I do know is that Hutch was a handsome, talented and Innovative man with a musical quality and ability that others did not possess. I knew the HUtchinson family. Sex in my opinion was not his greatest virtue as some have placed it; I personally feel that he was chased rather than doing the chasing knowing what Black musicians like me faced even in the later period of the fifties working in LOndon's West End and elsewhere.

Best wishes

Alex