Dear All,
Firstly, I like to thank those who were able to supply images for this year's Archive Awareness Campaign. The postcards look so fantastic! It really is amazing what you can find in archives! There are so many individuals who have contributed to our communities and the postcards really relay that.
For those of you who were not able to recieve my email last month, I'd like to introduce myself again. I am the new PR Executive Officer at the National Archives for the AAC. I have been here just under a month.  Before coming here, I worked at the Food Standards Agency (FSA)-I was a Press Officer there, for what felt like a long time! Before that, I worked at the Treasury. I worked in the Press Office for two and a half years. My first civil service job was at the Department of Health where I worked in Policy on the Drugs and sexual health team. So very different, but I've always wanted to work in the media/PR as that's what I studied at uni.
I hope to be able to meet with some or all of you over the next couple of months and build effective working relationships. I will be helping AAC to develop over the coming year to ensure it will be engaging more with the sector for example by writing and distrubuting material and developing a PR strategy for the campaign.
I'm really please to have this opportunity to work with you.
Finally, NCA and AAC are sorry for the delay in getting materials out, this was in part due to them not running at full resource until I joined the team and also because they did not have a huge response to their repeated requests for images from the sector for the postcards.
Warmest Regards
Angela

National Archives Disclaimer

This email message (and attachments) may contain information that is confidential  to The National Archives.  If you are not the intended recipient you cannot use, distribute or copy the message or attachments.  In such a case, please notify the sender by return email immediately and erase all copies of the message and attachments.  Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message and attachments that do not relate to the official business of The National Archives are neither given nor endorsed by it.