£62 in April though (smile)

Ray McGlone
LanCaster

-----Original Message-----
From: Accident and Emergency Academic List
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Andrew Webster
Sent: 28 November 2008 22:26
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Telephone advice from the ED

I understood that HRG4 was not going to include A&E
tarriffs and that we would still be using HRG 3.5.
Presumably because it showed that we would cost to much.
Amzaing how much a the hospital gets for certain
procedures. For example if we suture a child up using
ketamine, we get the low tarriff of £54. The same
procedure done by max-fax would bring the trust in over
£1000.

Andy

On Fri, 28 Nov 2008 19:55:13 +0000
  mark nicol <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I attended an update regading PBR and it seems likely
>that with HRGv4 details liekly 8dec08, for implementation
>april 09, there will be clarity of fee for non face:face
>consultations (if it is in lieu of a face:face
>consultation).
> mark> Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 17:25:31 +0000> From:
>[log in to unmask]> Subject: Re: Telephone advice
>from the ED> To: [log in to unmask]> > > I > >
>doubt it makes much difference either way and know of no
>real > > life case of successful litigation about bad
>telephone > > advice. > > One happened in my own
>department (the incident was shortly before I started as
>a consultant in 1998, but I was involved in the paperwork
>afterwards). Part of the problem was that the lack of
>paperwork made it impossible to defend.> > > The opposite
>solution, of course, is all callers for advice > > should
>be told to attend. This may lead to a lot of > >
>"nonsense" visits, and opens us to the accusation of > >
>profiteering by our PBR masters.> > > > That would seem
>to neatly transfer the problem to the PCT: if they don't
>want you to advise these patients to attend, they could
>provide a service that deals with the calls and directs
>the patients as they feel appropriate.> The other point
>is that if you are giving telephone advice it would be
>reasonable for there to be a tariff for that (as happens
>with advice to GPs in some areas)> > Matt Dunn> Warwick>
>> > Did you know South Warwickshire General Hospitals NHS
>Trust is applying to> become an NHS Foundation Trust? You
>can find out more about our application> and/or apply for
>Membership at>
>http://www.warwickhospital.nhs.uk/foundationtrust/default.aspx>
>or by calling our Foundation Trust Office on free phone
>0800 085 2471.> > This email has been scanned for viruses
>by NAI GS6, however we are unable to> accept
>responsibility for any damage caused by the contents.>
>The opinions expressed in this email represent the views
>of the sender, not> South Warwickshire General Hospitals
>NHS Trust unless explicity stated.> If you have received
>this email in error please notify the sender.> The
>information contained in this email may be subject to
>public disclosure> under the NHS Code of Openness or the
>Freedom of Information Act 2000.> Unless the information
>is legally exempt from disclosure, the> confidentiality
>of this e-mail and your reply cannot be guaranteed.
> Time for change? Find your ideal job with SEEK.

http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fninemsn%2Eseek%2Ecom%2Eau%2F
%3Ftracking%3Dsk%3Atl%3Ask%3Anine%3A0%3Ahottag%3Achange&_t=757263783&_r=SEEK
_tagline&_m=EXT