Hello Zooarchers,
I am looking for some 'standard' aurochs measurements to use in an LSI analysis of some Neolithic cattle bones. Can anyone recommend some measurements to use?
I saw one similar study used measurements from the 'Ullerslev cow' given in the following publication:

Degerbøl, M., and B . Fredskild. 1970. The urus (Bos primigenius Bojanus) Neolithic domesticated cattle (Bos taurus domesticus Linne´ ) in Denmark. (Det Kongelige Danske Videnskabernes

Selskab Biologiske Skrifter 17[1].) Copenhagen: Munksgaard.

Does anyone happen to have a copy of this publication that they could forward to me, or perhaps a list of the measurements?

Many Thanks,

Anna Russell

(Leiden University)

Read amazing stories to your kids on Messenger Try it Now!