On Mon, 27 Oct 2008, Brew, CAJ (Chris) wrote:

> As for account (Hmmm, mine isn't working again, Damn!) you can no longer
> rely 100% on the charts at the bottom of the accounting web pages since
> if it's failing on only one of the CEs they will still appear OK but
> you'll only be getting half credit.

If people fancy the extra effort (!), then it is possible to do the same
as Brunel and have separate accounting for each cluster - basically, a
separate local accounting DB and publishing job for each cluster, with
<SiteName>cluster.SiteName</SiteName> in the config file.

> Off the top of my head that's all I can think of.

We don't have a dedicated site BDII, so I run an instance on each CE.
Then if one falls over/needs maintenance, we only need to change once
entry in the GOC DB (and wait!).
The downside is that this can confuse the info system if you let one CE
get too out-of-date compared with the other(s).

Thanks

Henry

--
Dr. Henry Nebrensky                     [log in to unmask]
                             http://people.brunel.ac.uk/~eesrjjn