David and/or Peter,

if I attempt to load the attached spectrum into SPLAT, I get the
following pop-up error:

    uk.ac.starlink.splat.util.SplatException: uk.ac.starlink.ast.AstException: AST: Error at line 406 in file AstObject.c.
    astMatch(SpecFrame): Inappropriate units (Hz) specified for a wavelength axis.
    Unable to accommodate the attribute setting "Digits(1)=17". (AST__BADUN)

Naively eyeballing the headers it looks to me like this has frequency
in Hz in column 1 which I'd have thought would be OK.  However,
I know practically nothing about spectrum FITS headers etc, so I
expect there's an error of some sort in the data.  Can you comment
on what's wrong and how it might get fixed?

thanks

Mark

[log in to unmask] +44-117-928-8776 http://www.star.bris.ac.uk/~mbt/