From Nichola Wood and Gill Valentine

Dr. Kath Browne,

Senior Lecturer,

School of the Environment,

Cockcroft Building,

Lewes Road,

Brighton,

BN2 4GJ,

England.

Tel: +44 1273 642377

Email: [log in to unmask]

***OUT NOW!***

Geographies of Sexualities (Browne, K, Lim, J. and Brown G. eds)

To read more and get a paper copy go to: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Geographies-Sexualities-Theory-Practices-Politics/dp/0754647617/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1215094915&sr=8-1

From: Nichola Wood [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 16 October 2008 00:07
To: Browne Katherine Browne_Kath
Subject: ECU Survey - LGBT experiences of higher education

Hi Kath,

How are you doing?  I hope that the beginning of the new term is going OK.

I was wondering if you could please do me a huge favour.  I'm doing some research on LGBT staff and student experiences of higher education for the Equality Challenge Unit.  Could you please fill in our online survey - see link below - and forward the following message to the SSQWG mail list, and any other mail lists, friends, colleagues etc that you think might be willing to give us their thoughts?

Cheers,

Nichola

Apologies for cross postings

Hello,

Please can you help: in the first national survey of its kind, the Equality Challenge Unit has commissioned research into the experiences of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) staff and students in higher education in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.  The results from this survey will be important because they will help the ECU to understand what issues, if any, adversely affect the career progress and experiences of LGBT staff and students in higher education. The findings will be used to identify issues that need to be addressed by the sector and will be published on the ECU website.

If you are an LGBT member of staff or student, we would be grateful if you would take the time to complete this online questionnaire http://www.equalsurvey.co.uk/  by 14th November 2008.  All responses will be treated in the strictest of confidence and no information given as an individual will be released by the ECU.

We would also be grateful if you could please forward this email onto any LGBT colleagues (academic and support staff), students, or friends who work/study in HE.

Thanks for your time,

Nichola Wood

Dr. Nichola Wood
Lecturer in Critical Human Geography