From: John Ashburner [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2008 9:35 AM
To: Dana Perantie; [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [SPM] combining non-linear warps

Dear Dana,

There's nothing in the Deformations Utility for doing this in a nice easy way,
but it could be done by working with the Jacobian fields that can be written
out to disk.  The toolbox/DARTEL/spm_dartel_norm.m function is used for
writing normalised data.

I'm not sure how your MATLAB coding is, but you could do it using some code
along the lines of...

N1 = nifti('u_image1.nii');
N2 = nifti('u_image1.nii');
u1 = squeeze(single(N1.dat(:,:,:,:,:)));
u2 = squeeze(single(N2.dat(:,:,:,:,:)));

[y1,j1] = dartel3('Exp', u1, [6  1 1]);
[y2,j2] = dartel3('Exp', u2, [6 -1 1]);

y3 = dartel3('comp', y1, y2);
j3 = dartel3('samp',j1,y2).*j2;

There'll be a bit more to it than this though.

All the best,
-John