Ylva

If you created the images in spm5, they will not be properly read in
spm99, i.e., the image data can be read but the header and the
transformation matrix will not be read properly. This will cause a
misalignment between your image and the glass brain. The images will
look OK if you display them using the display button, as it centers
the images.

I'm not sure why your design would not work in spm5. It looks like
repeated measures anova with 1 within and 1 between subject factor.
This should be relatively straightforward to setup using the flexible
factorial option.

-----
Darren