Dear all

Rik remember correctly, I have been writing about effects of interest
a few times. I think one of the better ones was:
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/wa.exe?A2=ind05&L=SPM&P=R101943&m=19070

but also have a look at:
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/wa.exe?A2=ind05&L=SPM&P=R104595&m=19070

The relevant place in spm_spm is around line 466::

%-If xVi.V is not defined compute Hsqr and F-threshold under i.i.d.
%--------------------------------------------------------------------------
if ~isfield(xVi,'V')
     Fcname = 'effects of interest';
     iX0    = [SPM.xX.iB SPM.xX.iG];
     xCon   = spm_FcUtil('Set',Fcname,'F','iX0',iX0,xX.xKXs);
     X1o    = spm_FcUtil('X1o', xCon(1),xX.xKXs);
     Hsqr   = spm_FcUtil('Hsqr',xCon(1),xX.xKXs);
     trRV   = spm_SpUtil('trRV',xX.xKXs);
     trMV   = spm_SpUtil('trMV',X1o);

     % Threshold for voxels entering non-sphericity esimtates

%----------------------------------------------------------------------
     try
         UFp = eval(['defaults.stats.' lower(defaults.modality)
'.ufp']);
     catch
         UFp = 0.001;
     end
     UF     = spm_invFcdf(1 - UFp,[trMV,trRV]);
end

Hope this helps

Torben

Torben Ellegaard Lund
Assistant Professor, PhD
The Danish National Research Foundation's Center of Functionally
Integrative Neuroscience (CFIN)
Aarhus University
Aarhus University Hospital
Building 30