The correct term is line graph -google for it. It's a classical problem in
graph theory to find it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Line_graph

Mike's notation may have been unfortunate, but it did for space syntax what
no other core space syntax paper it: physicists started reading about it.
What Mike points out, basically, is that space syntax can indeed be reduced
to this idea.

And my point is he is 100% correct in that!!!

Now, Alan, I'm afraid that physicists look for social science theories is
social science, not in architecture -so my challenge is still on!!!

Where are the papers that quote the SLoS for anything but this almost
trivial idea (which, by the way, no one knows whether it works or not!)

Rui

Dr. Rui Carvalho
School of Mathematical Sciences
Queen Mary, University of London