  From: Richard Haythornthwaite
  To: Alastair Wilson
  Sent: Friday, October 24, 2008 8:01 AM
  Subject: Carrie Kiplings Health.

  Dear All,

  The story in The Wish House about a woman suffering from a long standing
  leg ulcer has interested me from a strictly medical point of view. Such ulcers
  are more common in persons suffering from diabetes, as Carrie was. I would like
  to know where it is possible to get detailed knowledge of her health history
  and in particular did she suffer from leg ulcers or other complications of her
  diabetic condition which for many was apprently not well controlled. There
  are snippetts here and there about her health but nothing detailed.

  Any help will be appreciated.

  Regards Richard H.