In 2001 I obtained useful advice from RTT subscribers that enabled me
to evaluate the safety of recreational scooters, including powered
devices. The report on that project (prepared for Vicroads) can be
downloaded from:
http://homepage.mac.com/mpaineau/filechute/scooter_report_dec01.PDF

The Australian National Transport Commission (NTC) also published a
report on this topic in 2005:
http://www.ntc.gov.au/filemedia/Reports/ARR5thAmendPackScootersRISJul05.pdf

I am interested to hear from RTT subscribers about international
developments on this topic in recent years, including the Segway and
similar devices.

Regards

Michael Paine
Engineering Consultant, Sydney Australia

==============email signature file for Michael Paine==================
Home             http://users.tpg.com.au/mpaine/index.html
Road Safety news http://users.tpg.com.au/mpaine/roadsafe.html
Space news       http://users.tpg.com.au/horsts/index.html
         Phone (+61 2) 94514870   Mobile 0418165741
Audio and Video conferencing iChat / Windows AIM 6.1 / Skype