I met Bill and Penny in NYC, a few years ago. I took their writing workshop during the North American
Haiku Conference. He was an impressionable man and down to earth. I have a few of his books as well.I am sure he will be greatly missed.
Deborah Russell

 EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOODJoin me> Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 14:14:26 -0600> From: [log in to unmask]> Subject: Re: William Higginson has passed...> To: [log in to unmask]> > I am so sorry to hear this! I love his books.> > Shortly after I first went online and started my blog, Bill found it. He> sent me an email, telling me I was "the real thing" and to put my name on my> site.> > I assumed I was being conned, and searched for his site, and emailed him> back, and he emailed me back ...> > There is no way I can express how much this encouragement meant to me.> > A person I never met, but valued very highly.> > > > On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 9:39 PM, deborah russell <> [log in to unmask]> wrote:> > > Curtis Dunlap sent the people on my group this message. I am sure no one> > has made more of an impact on English Haiku than Bill.> >> >> > Bill Higginson died today.> >> > More information and a message from Penny can be read here:> > http://tobaccoroadpoet.blogspot.com/