Wasn't there cannibalism in the US on a wagon train? That's right, the
Donner Party (almost wrote the Doner [kebab] party hey ho). According
to the wiki, there was quite a lot of cannibalism on that journey.

I also seem to recall tales of cannibalism on the Klondike gold rush.
Or maybe I'm confusing it with the cannibalism in the film The Gold
Rush. No,

http://query.nytimes.com/mem/archive-free/pdf?res=9C0DE2D71438E733A25750C0A9619C94689ED7CF

Roger

--