PGD's no appropriate in private industry, either a standing order protocol or patient specific directive in certain circumstances.

Regards

Julian Baldock

Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 03:33:06 -0500From: [log in to unmask]: Re: [OCC-HEALTH] Administration of medicinesTo: [log in to unmask]

Marj

There is lots of good advice out there- may I simply add:

The purchase of a Paracetamol machine is a good idea- employees simply pay 20 for 6 tabs.

I refuse to have any meds other than basic FA. I will ensure that when administering the usual Flu vaccines that I have an up to date signed copy of Patient group Directives

If this is of any help

Kind Regards

Jane

From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of marj and peter dawsonSent: 02 October 2008 08:01To: [log in to unmask]: [OCC-HEALTH] Administration of medicines

Good morning list

I have previously worked for many years in the NHS where the administration of medicines was governed by Patient Group Directions. I have recently moved to a food manufacturing plant where it appears to be the norm to administer medications like Paracetamol and Ibuprofen.

I would appreciate any advise as to whether this is an acceptable practice and what is required as regards the nursing team being covered to do this.

Many thanks

Marj~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Please remove this footer before replying.
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH JOBS http://OHJobs.drmaze.net

OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH JOBS http://OHJobs.drmaze.net

OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES:

CONFERENCES AND STUDY DAYS: