From: Daniel K. Gullo <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 23:20:03 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: [M-R] Two Citations: Religion and Prostitution

Dear Colleagues,

I have been been trying to find a translation in modern English of two
sources relating to medieval prostitution and religion.

The first is the story of the Nun Beatrice, who abandons the monastery for
her lover, and later becomes a prostitute after her lover leaves her.  I
have seen the Dutch version and the Dutch manuscript, but not a modern
translation of the story.

The second is what I believe to be the Digby play of Mary Magdalene.  I
have yet to find a modern English version.

I would be most grateful if anybody can provide me with citation for these
two sources,

Sincerely,

Daniel

to: [log in to unmask]