From: Library and Information Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Ralph Adam
Sent: 24 October 2008 16:31
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Olympics

> Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 09:16:59 +0100
> From: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: Author banned in Hackney [library] - for going off-message about the Olympics
> To: [log in to unmask]
>
> Hello all,
> I am looking forward to the Olympics and Paralympics that follow.
> Then again I enjoyed a trip to the dome.
>
> The cultural Olympiad was launched last month - what place for
> libraries?

I raised that with the previous Mayor - London is virtually the only World City (his term) without a library of its own (compare Birmingham, Manchester, Glasgow...), suggesting that it would be an appropriate cultural focus for the Olympics.

He replied that he didn't want to upset the BL!!

Perhaps someone should approach the new man, with his upper-crust background?

Ralph

Click here for FREE customisable desktop wallpapers. Get them Now!