*** APOLOGIES FOR CROSS-POSTING ***

Dear Colleagues,

The following position is available at the NCC-WCH:

Information Scientist

National Collaborating Centre for Women's and Children's Health

UCL Academic Related Salary Scale: band 7, spinal point 29-36.

£29,238 - £35,368 per annum (includes London Weighting).

37.5 hours per week. Permanent position.

The NCC-WCH is based in London and hosted by the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists. We are commissioned by the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence to produce clinical and public health guidelines for the NHS.

We wish to recruit an Information Scientist to join our multi-disciplinary, enthusiastic and friendly health services research team. The team includes epidemiologists, clinicians, information scientists, systematic reviewers and health economists.

The post holder will be responsible for systematic searches for up to three guidelines and the management of our website. We also encourage staff to undertake research in health informatics.

Collaborating effectively with people at a variety of levels, prioritising a busy workload, working as part of a team and working independently, demonstrating flexibility and reliability, and working well under pressure are all vital skills for this role. Excellent IT skills are essential.

The successful candidate should possess a postgraduate qualification in library/information science, and have experience of systematic literature searching using biomedical databases.

The job description, person specification and application form can be downloaded from our website: http://www.ncc-wch.org.uk/index.asp?PageID=27

<http://www.rcog.org.uk/> For a paper copy contact Christin Sandau on 020 7772 6386, email [log in to unmask], or write to Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, 27 Sussex Place, Regent's Park, London, NW1 4RG.

Closing date: 12 noon, Monday 3 November 2008.

Interviews will be held in November 2008.

Please contact me with any questions you may have about this position.

Debbie Pledge
Senior Information Scientist
National Collaborating Centre for Women's and Children's Health
4th Floor, Kings Court
2 - 16 Goodge Street
London W1T 2QA
United Kingdom

Tel +44 (0) 20 7438 3026
Fax +44 (0) 20 7580 2196
Email [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>