On Tue, 7 Oct 2008 11:55:42 +0100 John Moore <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> ... I am VERY interested in developing the electronic map index
theme. ... It strikes me that there is a very good opportunity for us
to work with the Charles Close Society on the development of graphic
on-line indexes for Ordnance Survey mapping which would be a boon and a
blessing to a whole range of map collections both here and abroad.

This rather suggests that there is some Charles Close Society scheme to
develop graphic indexes! Is there something I have missed?

Richard Oliver

Richard Oliver, B.A., D.Phil., F.B.Cart.S.,
Research Fellow in the History of Cartography
School of Geography, Archaeology & Earth Resources
University of Exeter
Exeter, EX4 4RJ