(Apologies for cross-posting)

Are you promoting your information service effectively?
Do you know how to present your service so people in your organisation know
how good it really is?

Following on from our very sucessful 'IT for Information Professionals'
seminar last month, we have the second of our Professional Development
seminars coming up on 12 November 2008.  'Media and PR for Information
Professionals' is to be held at CILIP HQ, 7 Ridgemount Street, London WC1E
7AE, 5.45 - 7.45, and our speaker is CILIP Update's News Editor, Matthew
Mezey.

Matthew will be offering his unique insights into how to raise your own
profile, and your information service's, through optimal use of publicity
and media relations:
* PR: from the traditional approach to the emerging 'PR 2.0' approach
* How to write an effective press release and avoid common pitfalls
* The do's and don'ts of getting your message over to the key LIS
journalists and bloggers
* 'Linkbait' and optimising PR content for the web; assessing its impact
with metrics
* Using PR tips to raise your department's profile within your organisation

In our increasingly competitive workplace, everyone seems to be pushed to
justify their existence continually. This seminar aims to educate on how to
promote yourselves and your service effectively both internally within your
organisation and externally in the wider Information Profession.

As well as all the above, this is a great networking opportunity.  Drinks
and nibbles will be provided.

The seminar is £10 for members of CLSIG, £15 for non-members.  For more
information and to book a place please email [log in to unmask] Attendees
need to send a cheque in advance of the seminar, payable to CLSIG, to Joanna
Hudson, Information Services Officer, Hammonds LLP, 7 Devonshire Square,
London, EC2M 4YH.

Many thanks

Kind regards

CLSIG

This message is confidential and may be legally privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, please telephone or email the sender and delete this message and any attachment from your system; you must not copy or disclose the contents of this message or any attachment to any other person.

Hammonds LLP and its affiliated undertakings comprise Hammonds LLP, Hammonds Hausmann SELARL and Hammonds, a Hong Kong general partnership, each of which are separate and distinct entities.

Hammonds LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC 335584 and is regulated by the Solicitors' Regulation Authority of England and Wales.  The rules of the Solicitors' Regulation Authority can be accessed at http://www.sra.org.uk code-of-conduct page.  A list of the members of Hammonds LLP and their professional qualifications is open to inspection at the registered office of Hammonds LLP, 7 Devonshire Square, London  EC2M 4YH.  Use of the word "Partner" by Hammonds LLP refers to a member of Hammonds LLP or an employee or consultant with equivalent standing and qualifications.

Hammonds LLP and its affiliated undertakings have an association with Rossotto & Partners, a separate and independent law firm.