Satu, we are looking at our IR (launching next term) in the light of research
management in the Centre for e-Research's Virtual Research Environment
project at King's. This is better described as a research support infrastructure
project than the closed-shop single interface VREs can be. And our
conceptualising of the VRE was greatly helped by looking at the CRIS
approach and its CERIF data model, so I would agree with the comments of
Anna Clements.

It seems people have different visions about the purpose of an institutional
repository - is it more like an archive (with expectations of long-term
preservation and access) or more like a library providing routes to information
requested by its users in whatever form or location? What are the appropriate
locations for different types of information - OA full texts, bibliographic
citations, esteem factors, grant awards etc?

Stephen Grace
Digital Curation Manager
King's College London