Dear GCG folk,

I have had an enquiry about the possible original provenance of the
archaeological carving in the photos below. Does anyone happen to
recognise where it's from without needing a closer inspection? If we
knew the source, the archaeologists may get more clues to the age of the
carving. Of course if you happen to have any light to shine on the
archaeology as well that's a bonus!

Thanks for your help. Hoping to get to the AGM this year so may get to
see some of you there.

Best wishes,

Dale

Dale Johnston
Events & Exhibitions Officer, Banbury Museum
Recreation & Health

Telephone: 01295 672628 (direct line)
Mail to: [log in to unmask]

www.cherwell-dc.gov.uk.